From GMod Wiki
|This page has multiple issues.|
See the Page Details section for information.
|Version||2.2.1R3 (21 December 2008)1|
|Release date(s)||September, 2007 (original release)
|Genre(s)||Nonlinear Survial game3|
Garry's Mod Stranded is based on the Stranded games from Unreal Software. Stranded revolves around being stranded in an unknown enviroment and trying to surive. In order to survive, food, water, shelter and sleep is required. To progress in the game resources are needed by either minning or cutting down trees. Rocks found around the map for stones, copper, and iron as well as Tress for wood. Water can be obtained from any water source in the map. Skills can be upgraded by doing the related activitey such as mining to get xp more the mining skill. There are four bars in the upper left that show Health, Hunger, Thirst, and Fatigue all showing the percentage of each status.
In this game the following is required to progress in tech level as well as surive
- Three bars, Hunger, Thirst, and Fatigue, have to be more than 0% full in order to surive. The further they are from empty the longer it takes before taking damage leading to death.
- The Survival level will increase one level for every five levels received in any other skill.
- As the Survival level increases, an extra five slots are unlocked inventory for every level. Beginning with 25 inventory slots.
- Starting weapon inventory is the Physics Gun, Gravity Gun, and Hands. In some servers, the Toolgun may be included as well, but in most servers the Toolgun has to be built.
- Sound is an important part of this gamemode. Sound is used to indicate that the status of one of the three Needs are critical.
- Sleeping is needed to fill the fatigue bar. These is accomplished through using one of three methods, the command gms_sleep, saying !sleep or navigating through the menu to the commands page and than pressing the sleep botton
- Sleeping under a prop is need to insure that no damage is taken while sleeping for over exposure.
- To go AFK, use gms_afk or say !afk. The Needs bars will not decay while AFK, but damage from attacks still occurs.
Food is produced by planting fruit seeds or cooking at a campfire or stove.
Seeds are aquried by looking at the ground and pressing the "Use" key. The six resources obtained from the method of foraging are Melon Seeds, Orange Seeds, Banana Seeds, Grain Seeds, Berries, and Herbs. Melons, Oranges, and Bananas are the only seeds that do not have to be processed in order to use them, they only need to be planted to grow fruit.
To plant a seed:
- Look at the ground.
- Hold "Qmenu" key.
- Click on the Planting tab.
- Pick the seed to plant. If the seed is in the inventory, the plant limit has not been reached, and not to close to another prop or plant than plating will take place.
Once the seed has been planted, it will take some time to grow.
WARNING: Counter-Strike: Source is needed to see the Orange or Banana models. It is recommended to plant only melons in the case Counter-Strike: Source is not installed.
The other way of obtaining edible food is to cook. Cooking requires a Campfire (spawn a wooden prop, then Q -> Commands -> Make Campfire) or a Stove (Q -> Commands -> Structures -> Stove). Cooking without a frying pan will take 5 seconds, cooking with a frying pan will take 2 seconds.
|Rock Cake||0||5% hunger|
|Fried Fish||0||20% hunger|
|Fried Meat*||0||25% hunger|
|Fish Soup||2||40% hunger|
|Berry Pie||5||70% hunger|
|Shark Soup||15||85% hunger|
* Items marked with a star require meat. Meat may only be acquired from antlions or from an admin. If no antlions exist on the map, you can ask an admin to spawn an antlion burrow or to give you some meat.
- Basic Resources
- Wood is obtained by attacking a tree with your hands or a Hatchet.
- Stone is obtained by attacking a rock with your hands or a Pickaxe.
- Copper Ore is obtained by attacking a rock with a Pickaxe of at least Stone level. It can be smelted into Copper using a Stone Furnace.
- Iron Ore is obtained by attacking a rock with a Pickaxe of at least Copper level. It can be smelted into Iron using a Copper Furnace.
- Foraging Resources
- Herbs, Berries, Grain Seeds, Melon Seeds, Orange Seeds, and Banana Seeds are all obtained by foraging the ground. Look at the ground and Use it (default key E) with any tool. Using a Shovel increases foraging speed.
- Trout, Bass, Salmon, and Shark are obtained by fishing. Attack the water with a Fishing Rod to fish.
- Meat is only obtainable from Antlions or a server admin. Beat up an Antlion with a Crowbar, Stunstick, Pistol, or SMG. Don't beat up the server admins - ask nicely.
Please note that these are the default unlocks - server owners may have added their own.
- Sprinting I - At Survival level 3, you can move faster by holding the Sprint key.
- Sprinting II - At Survival level 10, you constantly sprint and can walk by holding the Sprint key.
- Adept Survivalist - At Survival level 15, you have 150 max health.
- Master Survivalist - At Survival level 30, you have 200 max health.
- Extreme Survivalist - At Survival level 50, you get the Crow Pill, which lets you turn into a crow and fly around.
- Sprout Collecting - At Harvesting and Lumbering level 5 or greater, you can Use a tree to obtain a Sprout.
- Grain Planting - At Planting level 3, you can plant Grain Seeds.
- Sprout Planting - At Planting level 5, you can plant Sprouts, which grow into trees.
- Adept Farmer - At Planting level 13, your seeds yield up to two fruits per seed.
- Expert Farmer - At Planting level 22, your seeds yield up to three fruits per seed.
|This page has been deemed a mess. It may contain unnecessary information or be poorly organized. You can discuss changes on this article's talk page.|
|This article is a work in progress.|
Last edit: 11/16/2011.