From GMod Wiki
Adding a thruster to an object allows you to propel it at the push of a button. You can choose between several thruster models, you can set the amount of thrust and influence the style of the thrusters effect.
- Just left click a surface to attach a thruster to it.
- Thruster Model
- How the thruster will look and how large it will be.
- Thruster Effect
- Style of the exhaust flame.
- Thruster Force
- The amount of force the thruster can apply to the object it is attached to.
- The button you have to press to make the thruster push.
- The button you have to press to make the thruster push in the inverse direction (= pull).
- Toggle On
- Whether the thruster stays on after releasing the key assigned to it.
- Collide with attached object
- Active when Damaged
- If activated, the thruster fires as soon as it receives damage.
- You don't have to remove and re-attach a thruster to change its settings. Just press primary attack while looking at it and it will adopt whatever you've set to the tool's options in that moment.
- You can get greater power precision by manually typing the values in beside the sliders.
- Since January of 2008, most thrusters will not generate more than 10 000 thrust unless their weight (mass) is increased. Choosing a larger thruster model will also bypass this problem, as they have a higher weight. If some of your older contraptions fail to be pushed by thrusters and they once were, this is probably why.